FIT CEDAR VALLEY
In consideration of participating in Fit activities, I hereby agree to release and discharge from liability arising from negligence FIT, Key West Tanning LLC and its owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, participants, and all other persons or entities acting for them (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Releases”), on behalf of myself and my children, parents, heirs, assigns, personal representatives and estate, and also agree as follows:
1. I acknowledge that health or fitness club activities involve known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis or permanent disability, death, and property damage. Risks include, but are not limited to, musculoskeletal injuries, broken bones, and/or overuse injuries caused by equipment that breaks or otherwise fails; medical conditions resulting from physical activity; and damaged clothing or other property. I understand such risks simply cannot be eliminated, despite the use of safety equipment, without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
2. I give my permission to use my photographs/video in all of its publications to Releases. I acknowledge that since my participation is voluntary I will not receive any financial compensation. I hereby give authorization to edit, copy or publish any photos/videos and waive the right to inspect or approve before publication.
3. I expressly accept and assume all of the risks inherent in this activity or that might have been caused by the negligence of the Releases. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate despite the risks. In addition, if at any time I believe event conditions are unsafe or that I am unable to participate due to physical or medical conditions, then I will immediately discontinue participation.
4. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releases from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, or my use of their equipment or facilities, arising from negligence. This release does not apply to claims arising from intentional conduct. Should Releases or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may suffer or cause while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further represent that I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume – and bear the costs of – all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit, I agree to do so solely in the state where Releasees’ facility is located, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply. Also if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
7. I agree to follow CDC guidelines due to COVID-19. I will do my part to practice social distancing and sanitation of the equipment. I acknowledge that I am working out at my own health risk and will stay home if I feel ill.
By signing this document, I agree that if I am hurt or my property is damaged during my participation in this activity, then I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the parties being released on the basis of any claim for negligence.I have had sufficient time to read this entire document and, should I choose to do so, consult with legal counsel prior to signing. Also, I understand that this activity might not be made available if I were to choose not to sign this release, and agree that the opportunity to participate at the stated cost in return for the execution of this release is a reasonable bargain. I have read and understood this document and I agree to be bound by its terms.